Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Akon Works With Bollywood Superstars For Lead Song In Indian Movie



via Gulf News

R&B singer Akon, who is in Mumbai to record songs for Shah Rukh Khan's film Ra.One, says he is a big fan of the Bollywood superstar and that he will not only have shows in India during his world tour but would also do more work here soon.

"I am a big fan of Shah Rukh. I am very familiar with Shah Rukh's work. I am meeting Kareena [Kapoor] for the first time today," Akon said on Tuesday (March 9).

He is not only singing but also composing a song for Ra.One. "I am also composing. You know, I will give him [Khan] a couple of versions of the song, the way I do it. And I will also integrate it with the traditional way the Bollywood films are done.

"I will give them options and they will decide which one to use in the film," said Akon. Ra.One will see Khan playing a superhero.

Asked if he is planning to do more work with Indian music directors, he said: "You will see me doing more things in India soon." He is looking forward to performances in India as well.

"The world tour is coming soon and India is one of my biggest markets, so I will do a number of shows here."

The singer dedicated two lines from his song Beautiful to actress Kareena Kapoor, who plays female lead in Ra.One.

No comments:

Post a Comment