Friday, March 5, 2010

Saigon: Free And Clear With Atlantic Records Takes His Masters With Him



via Soul Culture

“I own the masters… It was worth the wait.”

Speaking from a hotel lobby in Central London last night, Brooklyn emcee and Entourage star Saigon reveals to SoulCulture.TV that after battling them since 2006 he has now officially been released from Atlantic Records.

Calling it “a good release, a fair release” the rapper comments, “Moving forward, I’m not gonna position myself to where I’m just somebody’s artist and they can have me just sitting around not able to put out music… I’m gonna play the game by my rules. When I was talking about quitting it was moreso saying that: I’m quitting playing it their way, I’m doing it my way from now on.”
He goes on to talk about better record deals, the business backbone of successful artists and the benefit of having a strong team.
Now that he owns the masters to The Greatest Story Never Told, we may actually be hearing it soon…!

No comments:

Post a Comment