Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Interview With Jay Ellis A&R At Rap-A-Lot



Production Market Place recently interviewed Jay Ellis A&R At Rap-A-Lot. Rap-A-Lot is the record label that put Houston, Texas on the hip hop map with artist like the Geto Boys, Scarface, Devin the Dude and UGK's Bun B and the late Pimp C.

Jay Ellis gives us the music industry insider's track with this insightful interview.

PMP: Give us some background info on yourself:

Jay Ellis: I'm from Houston Texas and I started off as a rapper for 10 years before I got to my current position as an A&R for Rap-A-Lot. I went to school at the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama and getting a degree in business allowed me to see that the business side was a little more important than the artistry. When I came back to Houston I hooked up with Anzel Jennings the Director of A&R at Rap-A-Lot who suggested I would do better on the business side than the music side so I took his advice and I've been doing this A&R thing for about 3 years now.

Read the complete interview here:
Jay Ellis - Production Market Place

No comments:

Post a Comment