Sunday, January 10, 2010

No I.D.: Music Producer Interview



via Hip Hop DX

HipHopDX: Did you expect 2009 to be quite as productive as it was for you?

No I.D.: No. [Laughs] I just didn’t expect it. I mean it didn’t surprise me but it definitely wasn’t what I was thinking. I didn’t plan it to go this way.

Hip Hop DX: Is that the art of a producer, to expect the unexpected?

No I.D.: I mean like I say, with 20 years in the industry, I don’t expect anything. It’s about staying creative.

Hip Hop DX: What would you pinpoint as the highlight of your year?

No I.D.: Now, honestly, it would be the success of "D.O.A." [by Jay-Z] on a critical level, as I haven’t felt that response since "I Used To Love H.E.R." [by Common].

Read the full interview here:
Hip Hop Dx - Producer's Corner: No I.D.

No comments:

Post a Comment