Thursday, July 9, 2009

Fabolous talks Loso's Way



Fabolous recently talked with Billboard about his new upcoming "Loso's Way" release out July 27 on Desert Storm/Island Def Jam.

On his personal life:

"For a while it felt like my personal life was just my personal life," says Fabolous, born John Jackson. "But I started to feel more comfortable in my skin and with myself as a public figure, and I wanted to share more of my character with my fans. I also felt it could help my music too, especially this album."

On the correlation concept between "Loso's Way" and the 1993 Brian De Palma directed film "Carlito's Way":

"The concept of the album came from me watching 'Carlito's Way' and seeing how he was a guy who came from jail and wanted to do something bigger and better," he says. "I didn't come from jail, but I came from the hood, and in many ways I felt just like Carlito, because even though I'm still connected to the streets, I wanted to do bigger and better things too. There were a lot of parallels between his story and mine."

Read more of the Billboard story here

No comments:

Post a Comment