Friday, July 10, 2009

Nas talks next album, peace and love



Nas recently spoke with Billboard which covers his latest activities with Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley and the upcoming collaborative release "Distant Relatives", impending divorce from Kelis and planning his follow-up record to last year's "untitled".

"It's funny; drama is something that definitely kicks a fire underneath artists," Nas says. "But I try not to make that my focus. I'm trying to have peace and love.

"My shit right now is age-appropriate for myself. I love everything, most of the things that are going on musically. But my music will talk about what I see, how I see it, and it should be interesting. My last things were about what I felt about hip-hop and what I felt about race matters. This new thing will be a natural thing. I have a few things that I feel like doing, but who knows what it will be."

Read more of the article here

No comments:

Post a Comment