Friday, December 4, 2009

Ludacris & Shawnna Part Ways As 'Battle Of The Sexes' Under Goes Some Changes



Ludacris and Shawnna have reportedly parted ways and the duo’s highly-anticipated Battle of the Sexes album is scheduled to move forward with various female replacements.

According to hip-hop personality Gyant, Shawnna has been dropped from Luda’s Distrubin’ Tha Peace record label.

Anybody remember the mild hoopla surrounding former Disturbing The Peace member Shawnna and her extremely shady business decision to leave the rap home that held her down through all the legalities and unsold CD’s? Well, it seems that her conniving ways have proven to be all too much for Ludacris and his team, and as a result she’s been unceremoniously dropped from the much hyped “Battle of the Sexes” project. For those of you don’t recall, Shawnna chose to diss Luda and the DTP family for T-Pain’s Nappy Boy imprint. While details are sketchy at the moment, not really, but I’m afraid to say too much, what is known is that instead of Luda teaming up with the Chicago-native for the co-ed inspired rap album – she’s been replaced with a plethora of young and old female MC’s. Tenatively, rappers like Nicki Minaj, Lil Kim, Eve and a few others are being tapped for the project, which is set to hit stores in early 2010. (Gyant Unplugged)

Speaking to a packed concert venue of fans last month, Shawnna said her main focus was still on getting out her Battle of the Sexes joint album with Luda.

“I know y’all been hearing a lot of sh*t about what’s been going on with me and sh*t, right, right,” Shawnna told a crowd of fans. “I know y’all been hearing a lot of T-Pain rumors, ‘Shawnna ain’t f*cking with Luda no more’ and all that sh*t. I just want y’all to know that I’m still f*cking with Luda, that’s my n*gga 100 percent man. We have Battle of the Sexes coming soon and I’m signing a new deal with T-Pain right there…I’m f*cking with two real good n*ggas in the industry so I can’t help but win. But I can’t do sh*t without y’all support, you understand?” (Vimeo)

While performing at an Illinois homecoming event earlier this fall, Pain initially broke the news of his relationship with the female rapper.

“I decided to do it and I just signed somebody else from Chicago,” Pain explained. “But I ain’t go nothing else to say. Let’s go.” Following his statement, Shawnna appeared on the stage as they both performed a quick song together. (Get In Tune Stupid)

Early September reports suggested both Pain and Shawnna were working on a deal.

Auto-tune King T-Pain just leaked a track called ‘Dope,’ from his forthcoming album RevolveR, featuring Chicago rapper Shawnna. The long-overlooked female MC begins her verse by announcing that she is the newest signee to Pain’s Nappy Boy imprint, rhyming “It ain’t no secret that lyrically I’m the reason Nappy Boy had to put me on their team.” (The Boom Box)

No further details have been revealed as of now. (source)

No comments:

Post a Comment