Sunday, February 14, 2010

TRUTHLiVE - 'Tormented Genius'



Truthlive - full-length debut album 'Patience' produced entirely by Jake One available on Interdependent Media April 20.

Evan "TRUTHLiVE" Phillips, owner and founder of Interdependent Media, has certainly made his mark in the music industry with his wide range of talents. As an emcee, DJ, entrepreneur, and artist, TRUTHLiVE has had his hands in everything from a very young age. After a traumatic adolescent period where his health was at risk, three heart surgeries proved the artist to be quite a fighter. He explains to his new listeners, "The name TRUTHLiVE doesn't mean that I'm proclaiming myself as the truth, end-all be-all; it's more of a reminder to myself on how to conduct my life and career." The MC best summates, "My music is my truth and my life."

About the featured track...

Continuing to build on the early buzz of his recently leaked "Shoot Me Down," TRUTHLiVE is proud to bring fans "Tormented Genius," the second leak off his upcoming free EP, The UnLearning. For the track, TRUTHLiVE teams up with producer Martin SLO and DJ Tonytone who provide the musical foundation for his confident rhymes. "Like a lot of my music, this song is a challenge of the status quo," explains TRUTHLiVE. "While a lot of my music has similar thematic subtleties, this particular track is me speaking about what comes naturally and easy to me, and how those things sometimes seems complex or difficult for others to relate." TRUTHLiVE proves his point to a tee, rapping, "...they must not get it though, my brain works in rhymes/ My trying to flow is like the sun trying to shine/ I guess you could say I bring light to lines/ And in due time then bring life to minds"

Listen to TRUTHLiVE 'Tormented Genius' here:
TRUTHLiVE 'Tormented Genius'

No comments:

Post a Comment