Friday, September 4, 2009

Cormega 'Born And Raised' Out October 20th



Cormega - Born & Raised out October 20 on Legal Hustle.

via press release

"What's up with Cormega, have you seen him? Are y'all together?" The infamous lines that introduced Cormega to the hip-hop world are exactly what fans have been asking since the lyricist's last solo album, The True Meaning, in 2002. Well, if you're wondering the exact same thing, Cormega's back with his third solo album, Born And Raised, to be released October 20, 2009. "This album is the truest look into me not just as an artist, but as a writer and as a person. I came into my own in a lot of ways on this album," expresses Cormega. "Born And Raised is the first album where I talk about being a father and the impact my daughter has had on my life. It's also the first time I experimented with live sound without the guidance of a producer and the first time I got to record with producers and artist whose work inspired me to become an emcee.

While Cormega has released several projects on his Legal Hustle imprint, only two can be considered Cormega solo albums: The Realness (2001) and The True Meaning (2002). His third official solo album, Born & Raised, features production from DJ Premier, Large Professor, Easy Mo Bee, Havoc, Buckwild, DR Period, LES, Nottz, Fuzzy Womack, Ayatollah, Khrysis and appearances by Big Daddy Kane, Parish Smith, Grand Puba, KRS-One,Tragedy, Havoc, Lil Fame, Marley Marl, and Red Alert. His proudest musical moment during the making of Born And Raised was the recording of "Mega Fresh X" (produced by Buckwild) with Big Daddy Kane, Parish Smith, Grand Puba, and KRS-One introduced by Red Alert. "These were the emcees I looked up to so I wanted to pay homage to them. I remember the days when I had Kane's posters on my wall, CDs by KRS-One and like everybody in New York, I used to record DJ Red Alert cassettes off the radio, so for me to do a song with Kane, KRS-One, Puba, and P.M.D. and then on top of that have Red Alert on it, is a dream realized."

No comments:

Post a Comment