Monday, October 26, 2009

Akon: Australian Concert Melee Leaves 18 Injured

via the Sydney Morning Herald as reported by Mex Cooper

Akon was performing when fighting broke out in the audience and outside the venue (Melbourne Australia's HiSense Arena.)

He told the audience it had taken him two years to play in Australia and he was not going to let anyone "f--- up" the gig.

The police spokeswoman said six people had reported being assaulted and she believed up to 18 had been injured.

Angry crowd members, who paid $125 to see Akon and fellow rapper T-Pain, have said they feared for their safety as security staff became outnumbered by the battling fans.

Read more of the story here:
Sydney Morning Herald

No comments:

Post a Comment