Thursday, October 22, 2009

Alicia Keys Guest Lectures And Performs For NYU Students



The Alicia Keys Element of Freedom: The Lecture and Performance Series was held at NYU's Skirball Center Wednesday, October 21.

via Billboard

At the top of the evening, (Alicia) Keys sat with MTV host Sway Calloway for an interview segment, during which she shared her discoveries while recording her fourth studio album.

"When I first started going to the studio, it was like I didn't know what to do. All I knew was doing it till the point of exhaustion -- submersing myself till the point of possibly drowning," Keys said. "But, for the first time in my recording career, I feel I finally found the key, and that is to allow yourself to be free. With this album I found such a balance and I took things in that inspire me, which can come from anywhere. It just helped me enjoy the process first and foremost."

Read more of the article and also the New York Magazine story here:
Billboard - Alicia Keys Debuts New Single For NYU Students
New York Magazine - Alicia Keys Has a Teaching Moment at NYU

(video courtesy of mariejoelleparent)

No comments:

Post a Comment