Friday, July 16, 2010

Perez Hilton Friday Morning Quarterback Interview



Like him or not, Perez Hilton is very influential in the entertainment industry and more importantly the public. He can move and sway anyone's career with the push of a button.

It's rare to see Perez in an interview with a music industry trade magazine like FMQB, that's why it's worthy to post up on this site.

FMQB: How and when did you decide to enter the blogosphere?
PH: I didn’t really decide. I just did! I discovered the world of blogging and it seemed fun and easy to me. I started blogging in September 2004 and didn’t put much stock into it. I never intended to do it fulltime and I didn’t think many people would read it. I wasn’t even sure if my friends would read it. But it seemed like fun and something new and I started to do it, and here I am six years later. I still pinch myself that everything that’s happened is a result of my little blog.

FMQB: What sets your blog apart from others?
PH: What I think sets my site apart is I don’t want it to be a very personal thing. Before me most people used blogs as online journals. It was very first person, like a diary. But that had no interest to me because I would rather talk about celebrities. They’re far more entertaining, and as is perfectly evident by Lindsay Lohan. A lot of them are hot messes, and I love a good hot mess!

FMQB: Is there any artist that we should be on the lookout for who excites you?
PH: Mike Posner is one definitely. His album comes out in August and I’m really looking forward to that. I’m also loving this singer named Katerina Graham, who released this song I love called “Sassy” and I heard some of her other music and I’m loving it. It kind of reminds me of Janet Jackson. There’s a modern day Madonna, and she’s Lady Gaga, but there isn’t a modern day Janet so I’m excited to see what else Kat Gram does. I also love Marina & The Diamonds. That will be a challenge to see if American radio will play her. She’s not as accessible as Kat Graham or Mike Posner. Marina is a British singer who is kind of like a Regina Spector or a Tori Amos. But I love her and I think she’s so phenomenally talented.

Read the full interview here:
Perez Hilton - FMQB

No comments:

Post a Comment