Thursday, November 19, 2009

Boi-1da: Music Producer Talks Drake And More



via Hip Hop Canada

Boi-1da has been an influential part of the current growth happening in our industry. As the beat maker behind the Billboard chart-topper “Best I Ever Had” and the current banger “Forever” featuring Kanye West, Eminem, Lil Wayne and Drake1da is creating an international presence. I had to chance to go to 1da’s house and really get a glimpse into what his world is like (Shout-out to his 10-year old brother, Mikey who does the best Lil Wayne impression).

HipHopCanada celebrated with Boi-1da on October 16th at Embassy nightclub in Toronto as he turned 23 years old.

HipHopCanada: Congrats on the Grammy pre-nominations – where were you when you first heard the news?

Boi-1da: I was in LA in my hotel room and then HustleGRL told me. I was shocked.

HipHopCanada: Who was the first person you told?

Boi-1da: My sister.

HipHopCanada: How has your family responded to your success?

Boi-1da: Before they were sceptical that someone is going to make it when billions are doing it – but my dad has known Drake for years, so he sees the big things he’s doing. He finally acknowledges that we’re doing really successful things – except that my brother says I’m too famous to hang around with him.

Read the full interview here:
Hip Hop Canada - Featured Producer: Boi-1da - Exclusive Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment