Monday, November 2, 2009

Songwritter Claude Kelly In Two Separate Interviews



via BallerStatus

Songwriter, Claude Kelly, has been in a long relationship with music since his day of birth. Singing at an early age, enabled Claude to venture into the Neverland of music, and segue his way into songwriting. Penning for the likes of Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson, Akon, Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson and more, has allowed Claude to develop a love that not too many have with their day jobs.

In this one-on-one interview with Ballerstatus, Claude revealed his love for music, writing in different genres, writing for the late Michael Jackson, and whether he's ready for a music career of his own.

BallerStatus.com: Can you give the readers some insight, as far as who you have worked with in your career?

Claude Kelly: Sure. I've worked with Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Whitney Houston, Leona Lewis, Akon, R. Kelly -- just to name a few.

BallerStatus.com: Being able to write for different artists of different genres today is such a rarity. How important do you think it is to be versatile when becoming a songwriter?

Claude Kelly: I think it's the main part of being a songwriter. If you don't know how to flip, and work with different sounds, then that could be a disadvantage. It's been special for me to work with Britney Spears, and then, a couple days later, work with Akon. Just being able to jump genre to genre is real important today, especially when you know your homework.

via Singersroom

Singersroom: How did you get into songwriting?

Claude Kelly
: I wasn’t one of those songwriters that started writing at three or four years old. I kind of stumbled on it by accident. I was a singer and I played the piano and a couple of other instruments. After I graduated college I was trying to figure out a way to make some money so I said “let me try to figure out something and make things work.” I got in the studio with a friend of mines and wrote a song and it just clicked one day. From then I just have been writing and getting better and better.

Singersroom: Why do you love R&B?

Claude Kelly: R&B is heart music…its soul music! I think it’s the genre that best presents the emotions the best. It’s where you can be the most dramatic and pour your heart out in a record while telling a great story.

Read each article here:
BallerStatus - Songwriter Claude Kelly Talks Writing For Michael Jackson, Working In Different Genres
Singersroom - Claude Kelly: Bridging Music

Learn more about Claude Kelly here:
MySpace
Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment