Monday, November 9, 2009

Yo Gotti Interview



via BallerStatus

BallerStatus.com: Your new album is entitled Live from the Kitchen. What is behind the title and what is the official album release date?

Yo Gotti: Live from the Kitchen is basically where I'm preparing the plan. The kitchen is one of my favorite spots. We ain't got the exact date right now, you know, we just got it in the oven on preheat. We ain't gonna take it out too early or too late.

BallerStatus.com: Why did you choose "5 Star Chick" for the first single? How did you team up with Rick Ross for the video?

Yo Gotti: "5 Star Chick" was really supposed to be like a record we just put out like a pre single or a warm-up song and the sh** just took off. Rick Ross is my homeboy. I've been knowing him since he first dropped that "Everyday I'm Hustlin'." We always reach out to each other if we are in Miami or if we're in the same city. It was just a matter of calling him to see if he was in Atlanta and he was there, so I told him to come through the video.

BallerStatus.com: Producers Cool & Dre appear on Live from the Kitchen. What was it like working with Cool & Dre? What songs are they responsible for on the album?

Yo Gotti: Well, when we got to laying out the album, we just wrote down all of the producers we wanted to work with and Bryan Leach went and set the whole thing up for me. Cool & Dre are real musical people. They did the beat and I laid the track and when I came back the next day, they had changed the whole beat and enhanced it. They take what they do very seriously, just like I take what I do serious, so it was a good experience. I have two records with them that I know are gonna make the album, one is called "Teenage Numbers" with Rick Ross and one is named "Jail Pictures."

Read the rest of the interview here:
BallerStatus - Yo Gotti Explains Why He Needs a ‘5 Star Chick’ — Continues to Climb Hip-Hop Ladder

No comments:

Post a Comment